STCW Basic Safety Training for Seafarers 50h
Target GroupMandatory course for seamen with designated duties in an onboard emergency.
ObjectiveThe main objective of the course is for the participants to acquire knowledge about various emergency situations that may arise on a ship, and enable them to ensure their own and the passengers safety. Great emphasis is placed on prevention by focusing on safe working practices and attitudes in relation to the rules and procedures so that appropriate measures can be taken to prevent harm to people, property or the environment.
It is also an important objective for the participant to aquire practical knowledge within:
- Fire and fire prevention.
- Basic first aid.
- Use of rescue and evacuation equipment.
- STCW table A-VI/1-1 Personal life-saving techniques.
- STCW table A-VI/1-3 Basic first aid.
- STCW table A-VI/1-2 Fire prevention and fire fighting.
- STCW table A-VI/1-4 Personal safety and care of human life and the environment.
(Based on IMOs template courses e.g. no. 1.19, 1,20, 1.13 og 1.21)
PrerequisitesNone. The course is held in Norwegian.
- Written test with multiple choice.
- Practical exercises must be completed satisfactorily. Requirements in writing test: 75% correct answers.