Target GroupAll personnel who due to their role in the emergency response, or other reason,s are required to use VHF radio equipment in their work, for instance lifeboat and fast rescue craft coxswains and heliguards.
ObjectiveCertification of personnel in accordance with Telenor’s requirements for restricted radio-telephone operator certificates for maritime and mobile VHF services.
Course ContentsDuring the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Radio station operator certificates.
- Priority messages, distress messages and calls.
- Urgent and safety signals, rules for use.
- Communication procedures.
- Radio correspondence, duty of confidentiality and professional secrecy.
- Regulations, reporting and violations.
- Emergency radio equipment.
- Power supply.
- Distress signals and distress communication.
- Use of VHF telecommunications frequencies.
- Phonetic alphabet.
PrerequisitesNone. It is advised that the delegates start Reading the textbook before the course starts.