Target GroupIncident site controllers, and other emergency response personnel, responsible for coordinating on an incident site.
ObjectiveUpon completion, each delegate should have the knowledge and skills to lead and coordinate available Resources on an incident site in an emergency, as well as working as a link to emergency control in order to:
- Save and ensure the safety of onboard personnel.
- Secure material and equipment.
- Limit environmental damage.
Course ContentsThe course focus on the role, demands and expectations for the incident site controller. It consists of one day of classroom study, and one day with practical training (and communication exercises). Each delegate will be evaluated and given feedback on how they perform in the role as incident site controller. The following topics are covered:
- Role of the leader.
- Effective crisis communication.
- Practical management of emergency response teams.
- Co-operation on an installation in an emergency situation.
PrerequisitesIncident site controller basic course.