Target GroupCrew on fixed/ floating installations assigned duties on fast rescue craft in accordance with the guidelines of the Norwegian Oil and Gas (NOROG).
ObjectiveAfter completing the course the participants should be cabable of:
- manning, launching and operating fast rescue crafts in a safe manner.
- using relevant equipment.
- carryng out search and rescue and administering first aid to injured personnel.
Course ContentsDuring the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Areas of use for the craft.
- Cooperation and communication.
- Coordinated rescue operations – platform/ rig/ vessel – day/ night.
- Training in the use of rescue swimmer equipment.
- Use of portable first-aid equipment.
- Use of surface swimming outfit.
- Communication training (VHF/UHF) using intregrated units.
- Checking the boat’s equipment.
- Launching and recovery.
- Search and search patterns – day/ no night excercise.
- Training in the use of equipment.
- Picking up persons from the sea.
- Practical first aid.
- Transfer techniques between vessels and fixed/ floating installations.
PrerequisitesBasic Safety Training.
ExaminationTeoretical and practical tests.