Target GroupOffshore personnel with a valid Basic Safety & Emergency Training course travelling offshore by helicopter to UK sector.
ObjectiveThe objectives of the training are to ensure that the delegates gain the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of the Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS). And further to take appropiate practical emergency response actions if the requirements for emegency deployment should arise.
Course ContentsIn compliance with OPITO standard code 5902:
- Rationale for using CA-EBS.
- Components of CA-EBS.
- Advantages/Disadvantages of CA-EBS.
- Operation of CA-EBS lifejacket.
- Hazards assosiated with CA-EBS.
- Practice of pre-use checks/donning and operation of CA-EBS.
- HUET / Basic Safety & Emergency Training course incl. HUET.
- No older than 4 years.
ExaminationAll delegates will need to complete a short written test before the practical assessment.