Target GroupHelicopter passengers who are going to use a survival suit with an integrated Airpocket system.
ObjectiveUpon completing the course, delegates will have learned skills and knowledge that will enable them to evacuate a ditched helicopter above and under water. Course delegates should be able to use a airpocket system as an aid in the evacuation of a helicopter cabin that is submerged in water.
- Procedures for emergency landing of a helicopter.
- Review the airpocket system, focusing on design, use and limitations.
- Dangers associated with emergency landing in sea, and available rescue equipment.
- Review of the procedure for the use of a airpocket system in an emergency situation.
- Use of a airpocket system, familiarisation exercises.
- Evacuation from a submerged helicopter using the airpocket.
- Evacuation from helicopter to raft after a controlled emergency landing in sea.
- Preparations for emergency landing in sea.
- Evacuation from a submerged helicopter without using the airpocket.
- The properties of the helicopter raft and equipment.