Target GroupMaritime personnel running the fast rescue craft, and have to meet the requirements set by STCW Table A-VI/2-2.
Approved by STCW-78 with Manila 2010 amendments.
ObjectiveQualify personnel running the fast rescue craft.
- Controlling and checking the craft and equipment.
- Cooperation and communication.
- Manouvering, search and search patterns.
- Knowledge about the equipment and exercise in use of available rescue gear.
- Communication with helicopter through communicatio equipment and signals.
- Lifesaving first aid.
- Communication training – VHF/UHF communications with integrated units.
- When to use the craft.
- Launching and raising of the craft.
- Coordinated rescue missions with platforms, ships and other involved parties.
- Pick up with fast rescue craft.
- Exercise in the use of floatation equipment.
- Transfer techniques to ships and fixed/floating installments.
PrerequisitesIt is a prerequisite that the delegate posess prior knowledge on Coxswain/Fast rescue craft.
We also recommend having a VHF certificate.
ExaminationWritten and practical.