HLO Basic Course
Target GroupHelideck crew. The course qualifies for the following positions:
- HLO (After 1 year in a regular position as a heliguard and/or fireguard).
- HLO (Reference is made to Norwegian Oil and Gas guidelines #074 p.9, Helidekkbemanning og kompetanse (Norwegian only).
The course is in accordance with the Norwegian Oil and Gas (NOROG) recommended guidelines.
ObjectiveAfter completing the course delegates will have acquired basic knowledge and skills relating to helicopter operations, including both normal and emergency operations on helideck, safety procedures, accident prevention, and relevant protective, fire and rescue equipment that must be available on the helideck.
Course ContentsThe course covers the following topics:
- Laws and regulations.
- Dangerous goods (Awareness Training Dangerous Goods).
- Emergency situations and normal operations on the helideck.
- Protective gear.
- Weather reporting, communication and procedures.
- Duties and responsibilities.
- Firefighting theory.
- Helicopter fuel.
- Helicopter types.
PrerequisitesBasic Safety Training approved by Norwegian Oil and Gas.
- Awareness Training Dangerous Goods. Once passed, the test valid for 24 months.
- All practical exercises will be evaluated according to the guidelines. If a delegate does not pass, they will receive a written justification.