HLO Refresher Course
- Helideck crew.
- The course follows Norwegian Oil and Gas guidelines for refreshing basic skills and knowledge.
ObjectiveTo update and further develop the participants’ knowledge, skills and attitudes to operational and emergency response functions. To draw on the experience of and incidents handled by other helideck crews and provide corresponding feedback to others.
- Weather reporting, communication and routines.
- Emeregency response situations and normal operations on the helideck.
- Dangerous goods.
- Fire procedures.
- Flight fuel.
- Protective gear.
Parts of the course might be conducted in English.
- Basic HLO course.
- Personnel who have not held a position on the helideck in the last four years must repeat the basic HLO course.
- Refresh course is required every two years.
- Awareness Training Dangerous Goods. Passed test is valid for 24 months.
- The practical drills will be evaluated. If the delegate does not pass the practical part of the course, they will be given a written explanation. If a delegate does not pass the practical part of the course, they will not pass the course.