Target GroupMaritime personnel manning fast rescue crafts, and who has to fulfill IMO-STCW convention A-VI/2-2.
Approved by STCW-78 With later amendments (Manila 2010).
ObjectiveTrain and qualify personnel manning a fast rescue craft.
Course ContentsDuring the course, the following topics are covered:
- Controlling and preparing rescue craft and equipment.
- Cooperation and communication.
- Manouvering, search and search patterns.
- Familiarisation with equipment and training in use of available rescue gear.
- Communications with helicopter through radio equipment and signals.
- Life saving first aid.
- Training in communication – VHF/UHG communications with integrated units.
- Application of the rescue craft.
- Deployment and raising the rescue craft.
- Coordinated rescue operations ship, platforms and other involved parties.
- Pick up with Fast Rescue Craft.
- Training in the use of surface swimming equipment.
- Transfer techniques to vessels and fixed/floating installations.
PrerequisitesDelegates need to possess prior knowledge as coxswain/fast rescue craft.
We recommend delegates to have a VHF certificate.
ExaminationWritten and practical exam.