Coxswain FF1200 basic
Target GroupPersonnel who will perform coxswain duties on FF1200 and other lifeboats are built according to DNV 406 regulations.
ObjectiveThe cours aims to enable participants to execute a safe and effective evacuation using the FF 1200 lifeboat by building competence on:
- prepare the lifeboat for evacuation.
- launch the lifeboat according to procedure.
- establish communication with rescue units.
- organize and lead muster and boarding.
- ensure passenger health and safety after evacuation.
Course ContentsDuring the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Historical background.
- Crew tasks and duties.
- The release arrangement.
- The emergency response organisation.
- Staying at sea, maneuvring the lifeboat.
- First aid in lifeboats.
- Regulations and requrements.
- Radio communication and procedures.
- Emergency systems.
- Alternative means of evacuation.
- Helicopter pick-up.
- Crisis management and human reactions.
PrerequisitesBasic Safety Training.
ExaminationWritten and practical exam. A certificate will be issued if the exams are passed.