Target GroupHelideck crew. The course provides the basis for qualification for the following positions:
- HLO (After 1 year as heli watch / fire watch ref. Offshore Norway Helideck Manual).
- Fireman on helicopter deck.
- HLO (Ref. Offshore Norway guideline #074, point 9).
The course is in accordance with Offshore Norways plan for training.
ObjectiveAfter completing the training, the participants must be able to:
- Describe the organization of and the purpose of preparedness for facilities offshore.
- Implement communication and weather reporting by helicopter.
- Handle dangerous goods.
- Perform HLOs duties on the helideck in emergency situations and normal operations.
- Use their knowledge of fire and extinguishing agents to extinguish a fire.
- Use protective and breathing air equipment.
- Using the helideck manual.
- Bjengi heli deck regulations and guidelines.
- Describe and supervise the fuel system.
- Account for helicopter types.
- Use the correct extinguisher to extinguish a fire.
- Organization of preparedness.
- Weather reporting, communication and routines – e-learning theory.
- Dangerous cargo.
- Contingency situations and normal operations on the helideck.
- Fire theory.
- Fire practice.
- Laws and regulations.
- Helideck provisions and guidelines – e-learning theory.
- Aviation fuel – e-learning theory.
- Helicopter types.
- Extinguisher theory.
- Protective equipment.
PrerequisitesOffshore Norway approved Basic safety course.
ExaminationFinal theoretical test. The participant is assessed during practical training. If the participant does not pass the practical training, the person concerned will receive a written explanation. If a participant is assessed as not meeting the competence targets, that person will be rejected.